This clinic is for the snowmobiler who has spent 10 or more days in the backcountry, and you are comfortable sidehilling and riding steeper terrain including carving through trees.
- January 17, 2021
- February 7, 2021
- March 13, 2021
- March 28, 2021
- April 11, 2021
- Personal snowmobile set up
- Improve body position and footwork
- Avalanche safety and terrain navigation
- Riding on steeper terrain
- Maintaining good throttle control off the trail and in deeper snow
- Introduction to sidehilling
- Ability to carve in open areas
- Introduction to carving through tighter terrain including trees
- How to get unstuck
Rutherford or Hurley Trail Head
What to bring?
- Certified Helmet
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Spare Gloves (If the first pair gets wet)
- Hat and warm layer to put on while stopped for lunch
What to wear
- Waterproof outerwear
- Ski or Snowboard Jacket
- Winter Boots
- Snowboard boots are recommended
9:00 am – Meet at the trailhead
- Check that everyone’s transceivers are working
- Check that everyone has all the proper equipment
- Check oil and gas levels
- Pre-ride Safety Orientation
9:30 am – Head up into the mountains
12:00 pm – Stop for lunch
12:30 pm - Continue skills sessions
4:00 pm – Back at parking lot for debrief on the day
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Minimum of 4 riders for group clinics
- As the renter, you are responsible for any damage to the snowmobile and or any equipment rented from Broken Boundary.
- All fees are Non-Refundable. Dates can be rescheduled with 14 days' notice, subject to availability and within the operating season. In the case of extenuating circumstances, we will evaluate credits or refunds on a case by case basis.
- For any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will confirm your booking details 48 hours prior to the date you have booked.