The Sled AST-2 course is the next step after taking your AST 1 course to gain hands on knowledge of the current snowpack! You will explore challenging and complex terrain to work on advanced snow assessment, avalanche forecasting and experiential decision making.
- Price - $849 per person
- Day 0.5: Online Self Study (4-6 hours)
- Day 1-4: In Field Training
- January 14th to 17th, 2022 (4 days straight)
- February 5th to 6th and February 12th to 13th, 2022 (split over two weekends)
- Completed AST1 or equivalent
- Intermediate to Advanced sled skills
- Outdoor Avalanche Skills Training
- Pre trip planning
- Identify challenging and Complex avalanche terrain
- Use of Avaulator as filtering tool to determine when additional planning and travel techniques are required
- Become familiar with Avalanche Danger Rating verification
- Become familiar with ATES technique model as it means to develop personal, local terrain ratings
Rutherford or Hurley Trail Head
- Course Materials
- Access to online material for 90 days
- 4 days of on snow training
- Ratio of 6:1 guest to guide
What to bring?
- Certified helmet for snowmobiling
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Snow saw (optional)
- Spare Gloves (If the first pair gets wet)
- Hat and warm layer to put on while stopped for lunch
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Minimum of 3 riders for AST Clinics
- All participants must bring a complete Avalanche Safety Kit (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Online portion must be completed before attending in field practical day.
- As the renter, you are responsible for any damage to the snowmobile and or any equipment rented from Broken Boundary.
- All fees are Non-Refundable. Dates can be rescheduled with 14 days' notice, subject to availability and within the operating season. In the case of extenuating circumstances, we will evaluate credits or refunds on a case by case basis.
- For any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com.
- We will confirm your booking details 48 hours prior to the date you have booked.