The two day AST-1 course is the introduction to safer backcountry travel on your snowmobile. This course is a mix of online and outdoors. Day one is four to six hours of online learning at your own pace and the second day we will be in the field on our snowmobiles!
- Online (4-6 hours)
- Avalanche Statistics
- Snowpack Assessment
- Defining Avalanche Problems
- Avalanche Sizes
- Terrain Assessment
- Group Management
- Applying Daily Forecast in the Field
- Companion Rescue
- Pre-trip Planning
- Outdoor Avalanche Skills Training
- Pre trip planning
- identify avalanche terrain
- Understand the basics of avalanche formation
- What causes an avalanche
- Use of the Avaluator to make decisions
- Perform a Companion rescue
Rutherford or Hurley Trail Head
- Course Materials
- Access to online material for 90 days
- 1 day of instruction (Ratio of 8:1 guest to guide)
What to bring?
- Certified helmet for snowmobiling
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Spare Gloves (If the first pair gets wet)
- Hat and warm layer to put on while stopped for lunch
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Minimum of 4 riders for AST Clinics
- All participants must bring a complete Avalanche Safety Kit (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Online portion must be completed before attending in field practical day.
- As the renter, you are responsible for any damage to the snowmobile and or any equipment rented from Broken Boundary.
- All fees are Non-Refundable. Dates can be rescheduled with 14 days' notice, subject to availability and within the operating season. In the case of extenuating circumstances, we will evaluate credits or refunds on a case by case basis.
- For any questions or concerns please contact us at email@example.com.
- We will confirm your booking details 48 hours prior to the date you have booked.