As snowmobilers playing in the alpine there are many times where we traverse or spend time ripping around glaciers. When crossing glaciers you also have the risk of running into crevasses. This course will help you be prepared for anything that may happen! This two day course will run through the fundamentals of how to safely travel on glaciers and how to perform a crevasse rescue of a person and machine.
- Improve knowledge of glacier travel
- Improve knowledge of glacier hazards
- Crevasse Rescue
- Gear Selection
- 2 full days of Instruction
- All technical equipment for practicing crevasse rescue
What to bring?
- Certified helmet for snowmobiling
- Avalanche Safety Equipment (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- Spare Gloves (If the first pair gets wet)
- Hat and warm layer to put on while stopped for lunch
Meet at the workshop for rope practice
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Understanding the equipment
Rappelling and Rope Climbing
Lowering into steep terrain
9:00 am - 10:00 am
Debrief and practice if needed
10:30 - 4:30 pm
How to set an anchor
How to set up Haul:Drop Loops
Identify All Hazards
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Minimum of 4 riders for Crevasse Rescue Clinics
- All riders must bring an avalanche safety kit with them for in field safety (Transceiver, Probe, Shovel)
- As the renter, you are responsible for any damage to the snowmobile and or any equipment rented from Broken Boundary.
- All fees are Non-Refundable. Dates can be rescheduled with 14 days' notice, subject to availability and within the operating season. In the case of extenuating circumstances, we will evaluate credits or refunds on a case by case basis.
- For any questions or concerns please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will confirm your booking details 48 hours prior to the date you have booked.