Explore a lifetime of peaks, valleys, chutes, and glades in the Whistler and Pemberton Backcountry with a group of skiers and one of our ACMG guides leading the charge!
Meet at 8:00 am
Finish around 3:30 pm
December 15, 2020 - April 30, 2021
Dependent on Conditions
Is this for you?
Our open group backcountry tours are for skiers who have previous touring experience, understand the gear, and are ready to jump into a full day of ski touring. You should have the ski ability to enjoy the terrain we can access; you should be comfortable in powder snow and have some experience in technical sections. If you are comfortable enjoying a powder day at the resort and can get your way down a black/double black diamond run, then you are good to go!
- Intermediate to Expert Downhill Ski Ability
- Any Range of Fitness
- Previous Backcountry Skiing Experience Required
What You Get
- Join one of our Whistler backcountry tours, we offer group trips during the weekdays all season and private trips any time of the season.
- Our group tours are a maximum of 6:1 ratio (skier to guide) and require a minimum of 3 for the group to run. Choose a date. We offer trips Monday - Friday all season long.
- Tell us about your abilities, and ski touring experience - We will do our best to team you up with a similar group of skiers.
- Get the gear - You need in addition to the usual kit, ski touring gear, and avalanche safety gear. (Rentals available)
- Meet us 8:00 am sharp! (of its a private... you call the terms)
- Guides' Fees
- Pre-Tour Consulting
- All Technical Equipment (harness, crevasse rescue and group gear)
- Adventure Concierge support while on trip
- One Heck of a Good Time
- Backcountry Ski Rentals
- Avalanche Rescue Equipment (we can supply rentals if necessary)
- Whistler Blackcomb Backcountry Lift Ticket*
- Food (We can arrange catering for all our trips at the request of our guests)
What you need
- Backcountry skis + skins or Split board set up (board, skins, poles)
- 30 litre backpack (something large enough to fit extra clothing, skins (6in x 2 x 3), food, water and any personal items)
- Avalanche Transceiver, Shovel, Probe
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hats
- Balaclava or other types of neck warmer
- Base layers
- Sun screen
- Sun hat
- small personal ski repair kit
- Personal first aid, medication